IKEA 的居家生活部落格

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Marcelo Gutierrez

Before I went to BsAs I had a long list of good Tango teachers that friends recommended. There are many so called masters on the list. I have seen these maters either on video or have heard of them. However, during my second trip, I pretty much stayed with only one teacher - Marcelo Gutierrez.

He might not be as well known as the other big names but I think he is someone special. In fact, I already met him in my first trip to BsAs. I didn't remember much about him, not even his name, but when Sarita pointed him out on the dance floor, my memory came back, I remember he is the guy whom the girls referred to as 'the leader who knows how to make the follower feel good'.

For me that's the highest compliment a leader can get, so I decided to take a private with him. I want to learn his secret. What does he do differently from the other leaders to make the followers feel so good :p

And one private lesson turn into many follow-up lessons. I think we took almost 10 private with him during our 3 weeks trip. It's hard to articulate what we have learn from him, but one thing for sure, we feel differently on the dance floor. I feel differently as a leader. I start to pay attention to my follower even more than ever.

Of course, Marcelo is no magic bullet. 3-week of private classes will not automatically change me into a different dancer. But I think he gave me enough ideas so I know what my options are. Master or not, he has done a great job for me. I would recommend him to any leader who is going to BsAs.

No comments: